Recently the blogosphere has come alive with chatter about a potential tablet from Amazon. Allegedly the device will be based on Android and will be closely integrated into Amazon’s multimedia services (i.e., books, streaming video, etc.). Furthermore, it is anticipated that Amazon will sell the device at a loss to significantly undercut the current Android tablet market in a proverbial “race to the bottom” of the price/performance continuum. Only time will tell to see if Amazon will indeed bring a new offering to market and if they’ll be able to transform the shifting Android tablet landscape.
- Amazon’s Precarious Path to Tablet Success (readwriteweb.com)
- Two Reasons Why an Amazon Tablet Could Compete with the iPad (ostatic.com)
- Amazon Android tablet set for Q4 splash amid rumours of iPad price war (mobile-ent.biz)
- Amazon expected to sell 3 to 5 million tablets in Q4 2011 (zdnet.com)
- Amazon’s tablet will be Android’s White Knight (arstechnica.com)