You don’t have to be a NASA fan, an Angry Birds fan, or even a Don Pettit fan to truly appreciate how terrific the video above is in the grand scheme of things. There’s nothing like zero gravity to help budding minds appreciate the basics of physics – which is clearly on Don’s mind – in a way that’s probably a bit more enthralling than the classroom. That said, the new Angry Birds Space game is doubtlessly going to be the explosive new chapter in the series that extends the already impressive reach of the existing game portfolio. Kids: just make sure that you don’t forget the science behind the fun and you’ll be a-okay.
- Geek-out Sunday part XXVIX: Mustang by Microsoft (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part XXVIII: Deepsea Challenger (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part XXVII: homemade Stirling engine (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part XXVI: the Earth is full (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part XXV: space elevator (marshallstanton.com)