Over the past decade and a half the U.S. economy has weathered two significant recessions, including crises in the residential real estate and financial services industries. Despite these economic hardships the self-employed and “solopreneur” workforce grew by 4.3 million workers and is projected to continue growing at double-digit rates. The infographic below explores aspects of this “new economy” and attempts to dispel any notion that this rise is primarily driven by lay-offs or downsizing (only 13.8% of those surveyed gave that as their reason for wanting to work independently).
- Ingenuity economy (marshallstanton.com)
- Freelancing revolution (marshallstanton.com)
- Millennials in the working world (marshallstanton.com)
- People call it the Gig Economy or Freelance Nation (marshallstanton.com)
- Locavesting meets Kiva (marshallstanton.com)
- Give your money to Main Street, not Wall Street (marshallstanton.com)