Ever since I first got onto the Internet in the late 1980s and involved in its commercialization in the early 1990s I’ve seen year after year of brilliant (and sometimes silly) innovation and growth. It should be no surprise that pundits the world over are looking to 2012 to be yet another record-setting year wherein more people get online and stay online in ways that are well understood and some that may emerge before our very eyes (Pinterest, anyone?).
The infographic below makes a few reasonably good guesses about how our current interests – general, mobile, social media, video, gaming, and e-commerce – will grow and change over the remainder of 2012. Look carefully as there are literally dozens of thought-provoking predictions that could and will shape the world in which we live.
- 2012: The Year of Facebook (marshallstanton.com)
- Technology trends of 2011 (marshallstanton.com)
- 2011 social media year in review (marshallstanton.com)
- Music milestone (marshallstanton.com)
- Facebook’s influence on e-commece (marshallstanton.com)