10 billion (10,000,000,000)
Two days ago Google announced that the Android Market had reached a historic, albeit largely symbolic and almost entirely irrelevant, milestone – 10 billion downloads. From the time the platform was released in mid-2008 until July, 2010 approximately 1 billion apps were downloaded. During the one year period stretching from July, 2010 until July of this year an additional 5 billion apps were downloaded and it only took another six months for another 4 billion downloads. From a platform validation and user acceptance perspective, there’s a lot to be happy about if you’re Google. To be fair, Apple announced their 15 billionth download back in July (more than twice Google’s number at the time).
- Global food production (marshallstanton.com)
- Marketers working online (marshallstanton.com)
- Changes at the USPS (marshallstanton.com)
- Facebook’s influence on e-commerce (marshallstanton.com)
- Daily deals gone wrong (marshallstanton.com)