In a recent report issued by McKinsey & Company entitled “What marketers say about working online”, nearly 800 marketing executives revealed some interesting insights about their views on the state of online marketing today versus in the future. For example, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that a very high percent (78%) of respondents said that their company’s home page is one of the digital tools that they use – and should use – to reach customers. However, over the next two to four years the same respondents said that they expect this number to decline to 28%. My particular favorite is the anticipated growth in reliance on mobile applications (336%) over the next few years. Given the explosive growth in the smart phone market, this is further validation that more of how we interact with our favorite brands will be on our iPhones and Android devices.
- Changes at the USPS (marshallstanton.com)
- Facebook’s influence on e-commerce (marshallstanton.com)
- Daily deals gone wrong (marshallstanton.com)
- Walmart’s global scale (marshallstanton.com)
- Internet as a diversion (marshallstanton.com)