Roughly a year ago a friend and former colleague of mine offered up the following prophecy: “before you know it Facebook will be the largest source of e-commerce in the world.” Based on a recent study by Sociable Labs that looked at 456 million visits to more than 12 e-commerce sites, over 50% of those visitors were also logged into Facebook simultaneously. Facebook also disclosed that 88% of the top Internet Retailer 200 sites featured some kind of integration with the social powerhouse, whether it be via social plugins or Connect integrations. Additionally, Social Labs discovered that the target age of a given e-commerce site has little to do with the percentage of visitors logged into Facebook.
- Daily deals gone wrong (marshallstanton.com)
- Walmart’s global scale (marshallstanton.com)
- Internet as a diversion (marshallstanton.com)
- Economic production of the human race (marshallstanton.com)
- Google’s dependence on advertising (marshallstanton.com)