Berkshire Hathaway CEO and infamous technology stock evader Warren Buffett disclosed on Monday that his company had acquired 64 million shares (5.5%) of IBM this year for approximately $10.7 billion. Buffet has earned him the moniker the Oracle of Omaha for his shrewd, successful, and decidedly non-technology investments. Buffet has been buying IBM shares at an average cost of $167 per share and since IBM closed at $187.35 per share on Monday, Buffett’s holdings are already up more than 10%.
Buffett made headlines earlier this year for suggesting that tax code be re-written to more heavily tax the ultra-wealthy.
- British social media in the workplace (marshallstanton.com)
- Global ingenuity economy (marshallstanton.com)
- Freelancing revolution (marshallstanton.com)
- High speed transatlantic link (marshallstanton.com)
- Digital gaming market (marshallstanton.com)