According to a survey by British job site Reed, roughly a third of of people access their social media profiles and networks while on the clock. Of those who do use Facebook, LinkedIn, and the like at the office, 43% work in IT, 33% in engineering, and 27% in finance. Of the chosen destinations, Facebook comprised an unsurprising 45% of the total with LinkedIn a distant second at 20%.
In other words, people in the United Kingdom are wasting a ton of time doing things that almost certainly have nothing to do with their jobs.
- Global ingenuity economy (marshallstanton.com)
- Freelancing revolution (marshallstanton.com)
- High speed transatlantic link (marshallstanton.com)
- Digital gaming market (marshallstanton.com)
- Size of the global e-conomy (marshallstanton.com)