There’s a lot of great stuff one could say about Kiva and being an active micro-lender through their service myself, I’m ecstatic that they’ve started to look at some of the cities within the United States that have fallen on hard economic times. Yesterday Kiva announced that they were opening their doors to entrepreneurs in Detroit and New Orleans. Check out the two videos below for more information – including an excellent introduction to the program by the 42nd President of the United States, William “Bill” Clinton.
- Give your money to Main Street, not Wall Street (marshallstanton.com)
- Kiva City: Using Microloans To Revitalize Small Businesses In Struggling American Cities (fastcompany.com)
- Kiva Visualisation (wir-sprechen-online.com)
- 4 Million Microloans Visualized in 4 Minutes [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Five years of Kiva lending and borrowing (flowingdata.com)