After a failed attempt late in 2009 to acquire Yelp for $550 million plus earn-outs (sources reported at the time they were considering a 2013 IPO), Google has found another partner in Zagat to provide them with high-quality content to augment their burgeoning Places business.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t post something somewhat amusing about the common problem people seem to have with respect to the correct prononciation of “Zagat” which – according to Wikipedia – is uttered /zəˈɡæt/ and rhymes with “the cat”. So now you know.
- Google Buys Zagat of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Holy cannoli! Google buys Zagat (digitaltrends.com)
- Google Buys Zagat, Thinks Outside the Algorithm (blogs.hbr.org)
- Zagat’s Price: Under $66 Million (techcrunch.com)
- Google Buys Zagat, Gives Itself Extraordinary Rating (searchenginewatch.com)