People call it the Gig Economy or Freelance Nation || “The Freelance Surge Is the Industrial Revolution of Our Time” http://ow.ly/6j6ty
The struggle for self-fulfillment, a desire for autonomy, and the harsh reality of the economy have pushed (and pulled) many people to freelancing for their primary and/or sole income. The Atlantic piece referenced in the link above is the introduction to what promises to be a periodic look at this growing segment of the workforce. Yes, freelancing has been a reality and preference for some for as long as there as been work but never before has it been so streamlined (thanks to technology) or prevalent here in the U.S.
- Looking for Freelance Gigs? 5 Groups That Can Help (blogher.com)
- How to Create a Career without a Full-Time Job (money.usnews.com)
- Freelancing vs. Partnerships (xemion.com)
- “31 Days to Start Freelancing” (visionarycommunity.wordpress.com)
- top freelancing websites you must know about! (areeza.wordpress.com)
- Self-employed Professionals to Celebrate International Freelancers Day, September 24 (prweb.com)