R.I.P. WebOs and goodbye HP PCs || “HP halts WebOS business, spins off PC unit” http://ow.ly/66T8k
I don’t want to say “I told you so” but over the past several weeks I’ve posted a few pieces (here, here, and here) about what a curious decision it was for HP to acquire Palm and their questionable WebOs. In fact, I was downright flummoxed when HP confidently declared that they would be deploying 100 million new WebOS devices into the marketplace in 2012. I don’t want to say “I told you so” but I told you so. At least we got a good fan-made ad out of it (there’s another clever spoof about the demise of WebOS over on Gizmodo but given the offensive nature I won’t post it here).
- Wait, What? HP Kills WebOS Devices, TouchPad (forbes.com)
- Hewlett-Packard spinning off low-margin PC business, shuts down TouchPad tablet and webOS phones (9to5mac.com)
- HP: webOS hardware dead, PC business could be spun off (zdnet.com)
- HP Discontinues WebOS Devices (android-tablet.org)
- HP Kills webOS; Plans to Spin Off Hardware Business (techie-buzz.com)