Happy anniversary: one to over 266 million in just 20 short years || “20 Years Ago Today: The First Website Is Published” http://ow.ly/5XIsS
I’ve spent my entire career in Internet-related businesses and some might say (none more than me) that I’ve been lucky to have started my professional life in the early 1990s when the “commercial Internet” (i.e., following the birth of the World Wide Web). It is truly incredible to think that if it were not for a small handful of inspired individuals there might not be an Internet as we know it today. A special thanks to Sir Tim Berners-Lee for creating the first website, as well as David Thompson, Marc Andreessen, and Eric Bina at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) for creating the first mainstream web browser – Mosaic.
Thanks for everything guys.
- Happy 20th Birthday, World-Wide-Web (ghacks.net)
- The Web Is 20 Years Old Today (techcrunch.com)
- Happy 20th birthday World Wide Web! (news.cnet.com)
- Happy 20th Birthday, World Wide Web! (daphreev.wordpress.com)
- 20 Year Anniversary of the WorldWideWeb (badwetter.wordpress.com)
- 20 Years Ago Today: The First Website Is Published (wired.com)