It doesn’t matter if you’re on the left or right but our elected leaders should reflect on Peter Finch‘s speech from Network (it was largely due to this iconic speech that Finch won the Academy Award for Best Actor):
It was true 25 years ago and it is true today. There are no easy solutions and there are no convenient compromises but solving the financial crisis that faces us is not optional and it cannot be done without sacrifice, but it must be done. Mr. Obama and Mr. Boehner please get back to work.
- Obama on Debt Negotiations Boehner Left Him at the Altar… Again (middlegroundpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Obama Gives Republicans A Piece Of His Mind (alan.com)
- Boehner, Obama deal off (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Boehner Walks Away (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Transcript of Obama’s News Conference on the Debt Ceiling (blogs.wsj.com)