Are you overwhelmed by the complexity of your professional life? || “Ten Principles To Live By In Fiercely Complex Times” http://ow.ly/5H7JX
1. Always challenge certainty, especially your own. When you think you’re undeniably right, ask yourself “What might I be missing here?” If we could truly figure it all out, what else would there be left to do?
2. Excellence is an unrelenting struggle, but it’s also the surest route to enduring satisfaction. Amy Chua, the over-the-top “Tiger Mother,” was right that there’s no shortcut to excellence. Getting there requires practicing deliberately, delaying gratification, and forever challenging your current comfort zone.
3. Emotions are contagious, so it pays to know what you’re feeling. Think of the best boss you ever had. How did he or she make you feel? That’s the way you want to make others feel.
The entire list can be found here.
- Reading “Living with Complexity” (yingweitoh.wordpress.com)
- More About Stable and Unstable Equilibria in the Economy (agzanegi.wordpress.com)
- Overwhelmed by a job offer (ask.metafilter.com)
- Tackling Complexity and Wicked Problems with Design Thinking (serve4impact.com)
- Complex Systems and Complex Failure (geopolicraticus.wordpress.com)