Good advice for a tough hiring market || “If You Don’t Feel Like You’re Bragging, You’re Probably Underselling Yourself” http://ow.ly/5seDy
Admittedly this video has nothing to do with the aforementioned article but it is still incredibly beautiful and awe-inspiring.
How amazing is this product? I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of these once production reaches a certain scale and they incorporate some cosmetic elements such as shock absorbers that would appeal to people who might hit a pothole or two along the way to their destination.
Minor drawbacks aside, this is truly a revolutionary mode of transportation. Much like the Segway before it this product has completely deconstructed the personal conveyance paradigm and built something entirely knew from the ground up. I think each vehicle has its own unique set of use cases but this one is particularly interesting for the urban commuter who may only need to travel 1-2 miles to and from work, for example. The compact nature of the YikeBike is a significant improvement over the Segway that never really caught on beyond certain commercial applications and the occasional novelty use (i.e., Segway tours). It will obviously take some time for people to become accustomed to this new human-machine interaction but based on what I’ve seen in numerous videos, it looks like that won’t be a major problem.
Inclement weather on the other hand, now that’s going to be an issue.
- Google activates half million Androids a day (go.theregister.com)
- Andy Rubin: Android activating 500,000 devices a day (gigaom.com)
- Google: half a million Android devices activated daily (arstechnica.com)
A thought-provoking look at human-generated history || “Two thousand years in one chart” http://ow.ly/5s2Ro
Watch out NPR, P.F. Chang’s and Wes Andersen fans, we have your number now || “Middlebrow Culture” http://ow.ly/5rU7O
There is something very funny and refreshing (coming from a fan of the fine, fine product) to see that Pabst Blue Ribbon is at both ends of the spectrum. I dare say it appears to be the bookends that define the outer periphery of the culture continuum (or not).
- It’s a quadruple rainbow all the way! (marshallstanton.com)
- Put your mobile phone away people (marshallstanton.com)
- Why are EULAs so long? (marshallstanton.com)
- This is the reason the Internet was invented (not really but it is hysterical) (marshallstanton.com)
- To all the Apple fanboys and girls out there (marshallstanton.com)