Now with 1,101 direct contacts my network reaches into some pretty interesting places. For starters I now have over 280,000 second-degree (i.e., friends of friends) contacts which is a pretty incredible feat in and of itself but I also have more than 8.6 million third-degree connections who can be reached through one of my friend’s friends. Regrettably – although for obvious reasons – my network is still very United States focused with the top areas of regional access being large domestic metropolitan areas such as Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. A few days ago I used the LinkedIn Labs InMap experiment to visualize just how my network looks when all of the interconnections are visualized in a single two-dimensional data map.
- Social Networking (elancelender1121.wordpress.com)
- LinkedIn Knows It’s The Little Things (adgeek.us)
- HomeBase App Is Your Social Media Update Blaster (appscout.com)
- China’s Facebook counterpart creates a LinkedIn clone with a Quora twist (thenextweb.com)
- Job Searching on Social Networks (jobcontax.wordpress.com)